You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

No mobile coverage drains battery

While I was using an iPhone 11 and joined o2 I started seeing that “no mobile coverage” would be high up my battery list using 20/30%. I had never seen the issue before on other networks. My wife and daughter are on the same network and never have this listed on their battery usage. Anywho I recently updated to a 16 and gave the 11 to my daughter. The situation has improved on my new 16 more like 10% now. The no coverage situation on the 11 has disappeared now my daughter is using it. What could be the possible factors for this situation?

iPhone 16 Plus, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 1:58 PM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2024 12:49 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi thanks for your reply. I appreciate what you are saying and can understand that it can be an issue in certain locations and circumstances. But in my case I have 3 other iPhones in the house that show no signs of ‘no coverage’ issues and the problem has migrated to my new phone and disappeared from my old phone. You would expect in a poor signal area to see the other 3 phones to be exhibiting some signs of ‘no mobile coverage’? Could there be any other explanations that have to do with the network provider or phone settings? Thanks

No mobile coverage drains battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.