You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to turn off iCloud for reminders without losing reminders on hard drive (Sonoma)

I would like to keep my reminders (and calendar for that matter) saved strictly on my hard drive. When I turn off Settings > Internet Accounts > Apps Using iCloud > Reminder: switch off radio button) my reminders disappear from Reminders and Calendar. I get no prompts to keep local copy or anything like that.

I've tried signing in-out of my Mac Apple ID, restarting, updating MacOS, turning on Calendar (which I do not use) and seeing if restoring calendar/reminders would work.

Within "Apps Using iCloud" only Find My Mac, KeyChain, and Reminders is turned on.

My main account (the one I am referring to here) is a Standard Account and the one in which I signed into with my Apple ID. (My Admin does not have an Apple ID associated with it.)

I have both a Time Machine backup and a full backup of my home folder /~

Reminders 7.0

Any ideas on how to start diagnosing? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Also: where are Reminders saved in Library nowadays? Could I simply turn off Settings > Internet Accounts > Apps Using iCloud > Reminders and copy from Time Machine/my full home folder backup?

MacBook Pro (M3 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 3:32 PM

There are no replies.

Unable to turn off iCloud for reminders without losing reminders on hard drive (Sonoma)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.