You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to use 'Hide My email' function in the Mail app?

I'm not familiar with 'hide my email' and am looking for privacy and security while sending emails.

I use Apple mail app on a MacBook Pro Ventura 13.7 - 2017 - 15" and a recently purchased iPhone 14. If anyone has experience with 'Hide my email' and would like to share your thoughts about it I'd appreciate your time. Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 4:53 PM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 5:40 PM in response to suefromvictoria

Apple has a full description of this service in their support document Learn more about Hide My Email and iCloud+

In summary, it is an automated alias iCloud+ email address. I use it when filling out forms on the Internet and for purchasing. You can also use it when using Apple Pay on a website - though you can opt to use your standard email if you prefer.

Hide My Email is a new-ish part of Apple's privacy tool box.

Have a look also at this video which explains that sometimes it might be better to use your real email address, when creating an account for a service for example.

How to use 'Hide My email' function in the Mail app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.