You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Excesive battery drain on iPhone 16 Pro

For context, I am on iOS 18 and have a dynamic wallpaper as well as widgets on my lock screen but is it normal for my iPhone 16 Pro to drain from 98% at 11:30 to 81% at 21:30 whilst just idling all day?

Coming from a 5 year old iPhone 11, I know for sure that one day I kept it on my desk for around 12h with very very minimal use and it was at 100% the whole time. What is happening?

No. 1 usage in the battery usage break down over the last 24h is "Home and Lock Screen" with 47% equating to 33m (so I only used my phone for 1h in the last 24h...), and 10 days it's in second place with 18% - 4h 27 min.

Could this be from the dynamic wallpaper and lock screen widgets? Auto-lock is on 30 seconds and I do NOT use always on display. I've left a screenshot for a better understanding.

iPhone 16 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 7:55 PM

1 reply

Excesive battery drain on iPhone 16 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.