You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

random frame drops / lag on macOS seqouia

I recently bought a M3 MacBook Pro with 11 days left on the Apple care package. It originally came with the latest version of Sonoma, and recently, after seeing one feature of Sequoia that I particularly liked, I updated it to 15.0.1. However, I have been experiencing frame-drop issues on my device with every application. Every few seconds or so, my entire screen freezes, which is very evident when typing or watching a video. I don't know if recording a video will work because I'm not sure if it's the display or the computer itself, however the issue has persisted through several different monitors. The issue does not seem to affect audio, and while I do recall several instances when my audio did seem to freeze it might be placebo effect, as when listening to music it works fine. Restarting does not work, and I am considering rolling back to Sonoma.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 10:56 PM

There are no replies.

random frame drops / lag on macOS seqouia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.