You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple account on App Store different than settings

In the settings screen, iTunes, App Store and basically every Apple app I see that I am logged in with Apple Account "XXX" which is my current account. In the App Store, when I want to update an app, it asks for the password belonging to Apple account "YYY". This last Apple account was the Apple Account from many years back and I no longer have access to that account or password. Do I need to delete and redownload the app? Is there a way to change the account? It literally says “Apple account or password is incorrect” but idk how to update it to my current account. This only happens with a few apps over 200mb (instagram and snapchat) when I try to update it. I can download apps and use my current password when it shows my current apple account and make purchases as well. But not update the apps unless they’re under 200mb. How can I forcefully re-login in the App Store? I am using iOS 17.6.1

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 1:36 AM

1 reply

Apple account on App Store different than settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.