You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Watch re-calculate Functional Threshold Power (FTP)

I have done some indoor biking and paired the watt-meter in the bike with my watch. As promised after about 5 sessions the watch had calculated my FTP. Now about a month later, I sort of feel that the FTP value should be re-calculated, but nothing really seems to happen. When I view the settings in the watch app on my iPhone, it just keeps saying the same value and that it was calculated 24. september 2024.

How often should I expect it to recalculate? Do I HAVE to enter my own values, if I want it to change from the current value or will it automatically recalculate once a month or with some other set interval? Will it only recalculate if it sees 5 consecutive sessions that are way above or below the current calculated value? Is there some way to provoke it to recalculate?

Apple Watch Ultra 2, watchOS 11

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 2:42 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Watch re-calculate Functional Threshold Power (FTP)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.