You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downtime twice a day

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I could not seem to find it. How do I set up downtime for my daughter's iphone so that there are two different periods when the phone doesn't work. I.e. during school, and at bedtime? I'd like downtime to make the phone not work between 9pm to 6 am, and then from 8 am to 2 pm. How do I do this?

Thank you.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 8:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 9:33 PM

thank you sir. clearly I'm shooting the messenger here, but that is absolutely terrible. Embarrassing for apple. This is my first apple phone.... for my daughter. I've been a droid user forever. She originally had a droid. I could set limits on absolutely everything.... I mean everything, in multiple ways. She wanted an iphone, I got her one. Literally the first thing I try and do is create multiple downtime windows.... and wouldn't you know it, apple iphones can't do that. The reasons to go back to droid have already begin and I'm only 10 minutes into setting up the phone. Sigh.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 30, 2019 9:33 PM in response to SravanKrA

thank you sir. clearly I'm shooting the messenger here, but that is absolutely terrible. Embarrassing for apple. This is my first apple phone.... for my daughter. I've been a droid user forever. She originally had a droid. I could set limits on absolutely everything.... I mean everything, in multiple ways. She wanted an iphone, I got her one. Literally the first thing I try and do is create multiple downtime windows.... and wouldn't you know it, apple iphones can't do that. The reasons to go back to droid have already begin and I'm only 10 minutes into setting up the phone. Sigh.

downtime twice a day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.