You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did all my files go?? (iCloud)

Hello there! I was annoyed with receiving notifications about my iCloud storage being full so based on some reading I did, I logged out of iCloud, and all of the files on my desktop were gone. I logged back in, and the only files left were those backed up by my iCloud (for reference, I am a college student, and ran out of storage in the autumn of 2018- I really need to get these files back, as there is a lot that was not in my iCloud storage). I would really, really, really love some help if anyone has any tips or suggestions for something I can do to get my original photos of work back (I am an art student) as well as two semesters of really hard work, including notes, slideshows, essays, etc. etc. Any assistance is well-appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 12, 2019 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2019 11:32 AM

darionh99 wrote:

Hello there! I was annoyed with receiving notifications about my iCloud storage being full so based on some reading I did, I logged out of iCloud, and all of the files on my desktop were gone. I logged back in, and the only files left were those backed up by my iCloud (for reference, I am a college student, and ran out of storage in the autumn of 2018- I really need to get these files back, as there is a lot that was not in my iCloud storage). I would really, really, really love some help if anyone has any tips or suggestions for something I can do to get my original photos of work back (I am an art student) as well as two semesters of really hard work, including notes, slideshows, essays, etc. etc. Any assistance is well-appreciated.

How to Restore Your Desktop and Documents After Disabling iCloud .

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2019 11:32 AM in response to darionh99

darionh99 wrote:

How to Restore Your Desktop and Documents After Disabling iCloud .

Where did all my files go?? (iCloud)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.