You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud drive. Unexpected deleted files

Hi!

When my iCloud account of 200GB was close to full iCloud unexpectedly deleted some of my picture files. Random pitcures saved in different folders in iCloud is now gone..

I was lucky to restore some of them (around 270 files) but still many pictures are gone.

I got the exact time and date for the situation, as i see when the folds had the last change, but apple cant help me. The answer is that my files are unexpectedly gone, for no reason..

Does anybody have any tips and tricks? Or experienced simular situations?

Are there other support systems than Apple that can help me with this?

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 1:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 7:08 AM

See the article Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you're out of storage, your devices won't back up to iCloud, and new photos, videos, documents, and your information won't stay up to date.

You can recover your photos and videos from the Recently Deleted album for 30 days. Learn how to recover a recently deleted photo.

If 30 days are crossed those photos are erased permanently and can't be recovered .

Note : you had created albums in photo application , when photos are deleted from albums , the same photos are deleted from iCloud.comWhat are albums in Photos on Mac? - Apple Support

An album is a collection of photos and video clips.

Create and work with albums in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Remove photos from an album: Select the photos, then press Delete, or choose Image > Remove [number] Photos from Album.

The photos are removed only from this album, not from other albums in your photo library. If you accidentally remove a photo from an album, choose Edit > Undo to restore it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2022 7:08 AM in response to NitramSann

See the article Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you're out of storage, your devices won't back up to iCloud, and new photos, videos, documents, and your information won't stay up to date.

You can recover your photos and videos from the Recently Deleted album for 30 days. Learn how to recover a recently deleted photo.

If 30 days are crossed those photos are erased permanently and can't be recovered .

Note : you had created albums in photo application , when photos are deleted from albums , the same photos are deleted from iCloud.comWhat are albums in Photos on Mac? - Apple Support

An album is a collection of photos and video clips.

Create and work with albums in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Remove photos from an album: Select the photos, then press Delete, or choose Image > Remove [number] Photos from Album.

The photos are removed only from this album, not from other albums in your photo library. If you accidentally remove a photo from an album, choose Edit > Undo to restore it.

iCloud drive. Unexpected deleted files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.