You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up my iPhone

hey so guys i have a question about the back up process on iTunes locally ( by locally i mean backing up in my laptop) :

does a backup include photos , videos and music? I mean if i backup my iPhone via itunes in my laptop and later something happens to my iPhone let’s say it got broken or i forgot my password and i had to reset it or to buy another one.. if i restore my iPhone from that backup i did in my laptop via iTunes do i get all my photos , videos and music back ? Like the previous phone? (I have currently 63 GB of storage used by photos and videos only and that’s a lot to recover).

all I’m saying is that can i be sure that i will get my photos , videos and music back after i restore my new phone using that old back up? All i want are my photos video and music..

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 13, 2019 10:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 11:09 AM

See the following from About backups for iOS devices - Apple Support

iTunes backups

From your Mac or PC, you can make a backup of your device in iTunes. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup. An iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. An iTunes backup doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (To back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2019 11:09 AM in response to jawher80

See the following from About backups for iOS devices - Apple Support

iTunes backups

From your Mac or PC, you can make a backup of your device in iTunes. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup. An iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. An iTunes backup doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (To back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Backing up my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.