You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave freezes and locks up (reopened)

Note: Since the OP of the related question marked it as resolved and I'm still experiencing the issue, I've created this duplicate question to keep the thread going since the fix provided in the other thread did not work for me.

The issue:

I'm running 10.14.5 and I experience frequent full UI freezes. This does not happen on my home Macbook Pro 15", but still happens frequently on my work computer (15-inch, 2017 MBP 2.9 GHz i7, 16 GB, Radeon 560/Intel 630 w/500GB SSD). Though the system will become responsive again after a minute or two, it will generally freeze again soon thereafter, and generally needs a hard reboot once it starts happening. This is a really big issue, and any help would be truly appreciated!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 24, 2019 10:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 11:23 AM

Boot into Safe Mode and then reboot normally. Any improvement?

NOTE:  Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

3 replies

May 24, 2019 1:22 PM in response to iadams

Hello idams.

Sitting here with my old Acer Pc running Linux,and see what happing,here,on Apple Community?

You have some issue Freezing on your 10.14.5?

You have a new,and strong, 2015,15" MBP, you,Shut, not have any trouble with your Macbook Pro,i think?

Boot into Safe Mode?....................I can not see why?

The Freezing Problem will go on and on,and...on?

Reinstall your MacOS 10.14.5 instead.

I have a 2013 iMac & a 2013 Macbook Pro,and when it been sluggish i Reinstall the MacOS on both computers!

It help with the Mac when it get´s sluggish and Freezing!

If you have some AV or Cleaning Programs on your MBP,so Uinstall them,it can be the Freezing issue,on your MBP?

Hope it will solve your problems,my friend.

Mojave freezes and locks up (reopened)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.