You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trust certificates

How do I change the trust certificate number for where it shows the Store version trusted certificate because the one in my phone is the wrong number and I’ve been hacked recently?

iPhone XR

Posted on May 24, 2019 6:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 12:52 AM

1. iPhones cannot be hacked unless you have downloaded any spurious softwares or apps from internet.
  2. Trust certificates comes pre-loaded on every iPhone based on the period of purchase. That cannot be changed. However you can add more if you so desire.

I have been using iPhone since 2009 and have never been hacked nor was infected with virus.

Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS

In iOS 10.3 and later, when you manually install a profile that contains a certificate payload, that certificate isn't automatically trusted for SSL. 

This article is intended for system administrators for a school, business, or other organization.

You must manually turn on trust for SSL when you install a profile that is sent to you via email or downloaded from a website.

If you want to turn on SSL trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on trust for the certificate.

Apple recommends deploying certificates via Apple Configurator or Mobile Device Management (MDM). Certificate payloads are automatically trusted for SSL when installed with Configurator, MDM, or as part of an MDM enrollment profile.

Published Date: August 07, 2018

Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204477

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2019 12:52 AM in response to MessiJessi2233

1. iPhones cannot be hacked unless you have downloaded any spurious softwares or apps from internet.
  2. Trust certificates comes pre-loaded on every iPhone based on the period of purchase. That cannot be changed. However you can add more if you so desire.

I have been using iPhone since 2009 and have never been hacked nor was infected with virus.

Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS

In iOS 10.3 and later, when you manually install a profile that contains a certificate payload, that certificate isn't automatically trusted for SSL. 

This article is intended for system administrators for a school, business, or other organization.

You must manually turn on trust for SSL when you install a profile that is sent to you via email or downloaded from a website.

If you want to turn on SSL trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on trust for the certificate.

Apple recommends deploying certificates via Apple Configurator or Mobile Device Management (MDM). Certificate payloads are automatically trusted for SSL when installed with Configurator, MDM, or as part of an MDM enrollment profile.

Published Date: August 07, 2018

Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204477

Trust certificates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.