You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Note B3 on keyboard not working

I am having a strange problem with Logic Pro X. I use a nord electro 5D as my main MIDI keyboard, connected by USB. Note B3 from the keyboard, doesn't trigger sound but registers on the logic inspector. At first I thought the key was broken, but it's okay, because:

- all keys work fine when I use the keyboard's analog audio output

- Works fine in contact and other 3rd party software

-but it does NOT work in MainStage

- the non-functional key does not move up and down if I choose to transpose the notes on the keyboard.

So I have concluded that it's a software issue specific to Logic.

I have been assigning midi functions in MainStage for the first time recently could that be it?

I have looked for that key under controller assignments (please see pic) could it be these?

I couldn't see it under key commands ....if it was that what would it look like?

Please help.....Why couldn't this have been the E6 Key? B3? .......come on!

The B3 Key works with other keyboards in logic

Posted on May 29, 2019 2:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 1:08 PM

Solved:- Please see the image attached. Anywhere I saw a B note I completely removed that command. I am sure this is happening when programming MainStage key assignments. I would not recommend having logic open in the future when doing this. Works fine now

Similar questions

3 replies

May 29, 2019 9:32 AM in response to rodders999

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at bootup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Or after normal restart again?

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Note B3 on keyboard not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.