You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superdrive and MacBook Pro 2016

I have a MacBook Pro 2016 which has the USB-C ports, not any regular USB ports we normally use. I have an adapter so that I can plug USB devices into such as iPhone charger. I also have a superdrive. The superdrive seems to be the only usb that doesn't want to work with it. Keep getting message that says Apple USB SuperDrive needs power. Has anyone else has this problem? And thoughts on what I can do to fix this issue?

Thank You in Advance.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 10:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 6:36 PM

Disconnect all other external devices to see if the SuperDrive will work when it is the only device connected to the laptop. Also try each of the other USB-C ports. Are you using a USB-C to USB-A adapter or a combo adapter with multiple ports? Maybe try using another adapter.

Try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for a full minute so it activates several times).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2019 6:36 PM in response to Alex_AP

Disconnect all other external devices to see if the SuperDrive will work when it is the only device connected to the laptop. Also try each of the other USB-C ports. Are you using a USB-C to USB-A adapter or a combo adapter with multiple ports? Maybe try using another adapter.

Try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for a full minute so it activates several times).

Superdrive and MacBook Pro 2016

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.