You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete some photo albums from my Ipad but not all.

I wish to Delete some photo albums from my Ipad but not all.......will all of them stay in my Icloud storage, even the deleted ones from the Ipad?

I know that I can choose selected albums when syncing with Itunes, but for some reason. ALL my photos have gone to my Ipad....and there is now nor space left !!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 10:39 AM

No they won't. If you use iCloud for photos, when you delete them from the iPad, they will go to a recently deleted folder and hang out there for 30 days, so you have the option to restore them if you want. Or you can go to the recently deleted folder and deleted them immediately. But when you do, they will also be deleted from iCloud. iCloud is not a storage service. It is a backup service. But it backs up what is current, not what was in the past. If these are photos you want to keep, but not on your iPad, store them somewhere else, like Amazon Photos, Google Photos, or a folder on your home computer. Then you can safely delete them from the iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2019 10:39 AM in response to Hartop

No they won't. If you use iCloud for photos, when you delete them from the iPad, they will go to a recently deleted folder and hang out there for 30 days, so you have the option to restore them if you want. Or you can go to the recently deleted folder and deleted them immediately. But when you do, they will also be deleted from iCloud. iCloud is not a storage service. It is a backup service. But it backs up what is current, not what was in the past. If these are photos you want to keep, but not on your iPad, store them somewhere else, like Amazon Photos, Google Photos, or a folder on your home computer. Then you can safely delete them from the iPad.

Delete some photo albums from my Ipad but not all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.