You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open document on pages

There is a lot of documents in the finder and pages app that are dimmed. I cannot view, edit or click on them. Is it because it is in a different format? How can I open those documents?

iMac 21.5", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 9:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 9:58 AM

What version of Pages (Pages : About Pages) are you using, and what is the specific version of operating system that you are using from the menu : About This Mac panel? One you share this, I will tell you which specific files you can open directly, and those that remain gray in the File chooser.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 25, 2019 9:58 AM in response to charity0509

What version of Pages (Pages : About Pages) are you using, and what is the specific version of operating system that you are using from the menu : About This Mac panel? One you share this, I will tell you which specific files you can open directly, and those that remain gray in the File chooser.

Can't open document on pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.