You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages lost document

when I hold down the pages app I see my document in the side but when I click it I can't open it? why won't it let me open it?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 7:13 PM

Hi maddieson04,

Possible that the document is saved in a folder to which you do nat have access with the account you have opened on the Mac.

The list you see may be a 'recent items' list. These may contain recently opened titles that have been deleted from your Mac.

The document may have bee created with an older version of Pages, and is not compatable withyour current version.

Have you tried:

Searching for the document using the magnifier icon at the t=right end of the menu bar. Depending on which version of macOS you have installed, you may be aboe to open the document directly from there.

Find the file in Finder, click on it (once) and press command-I to Get Info. In the info window, look to the bottom to see whether you have read and =write privileges with this document.

Do the same for the folder containing the file.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2022 7:13 PM in response to maddieson04

Hi maddieson04,

Possible that the document is saved in a folder to which you do nat have access with the account you have opened on the Mac.

The list you see may be a 'recent items' list. These may contain recently opened titles that have been deleted from your Mac.

The document may have bee created with an older version of Pages, and is not compatable withyour current version.

Have you tried:

Searching for the document using the magnifier icon at the t=right end of the menu bar. Depending on which version of macOS you have installed, you may be aboe to open the document directly from there.

Find the file in Finder, click on it (once) and press command-I to Get Info. In the info window, look to the bottom to see whether you have read and =write privileges with this document.

Do the same for the folder containing the file.

Regards,

Barry

pages lost document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.