You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

water damaged iPhone 8

My iPhone 8 was dropped into a pool today and was fine at first. Now, a few hours later the screen doesn't work at all. I googled it and it says the 8 can be submerged in up to 1 metre of water for a maximum of 30 minutes, but it wasn't down that far and was in the water for less than a minute. How do I fix it and if it can't be fixed, will apple give me a new phone since they're in the wrong for not making their phone perform up to its promises?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 4:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 4:38 PM

Sorry, see the following from iPhone 8 - Technical Specifications - Apple

iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

The following may help: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2019 4:38 PM in response to maddie___

Sorry, see the following from iPhone 8 - Technical Specifications - Apple

iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

The following may help: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

water damaged iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.