You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari freeze

after checking a few emails, and clicking on some links, (even those from known businesses), I have to quit and restart Safari as the computer just sits there even when I try and access Apple.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 11:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 8:21 AM

You are welcome. If you will try posting the report in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply, someone may be able to help you with the Etrecheck report. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2019 8:21 AM in response to tmarxmiller

You are welcome. If you will try posting the report in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply, someone may be able to help you with the Etrecheck report. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Jul 13, 2019 12:21 PM in response to tmarxmiller

Force Quit anything that’s not responding, particularly ALL items that currently have access to the Web. Go to the Apple Menu > Select Force Quit... > Then Quit all Items ending in “(Not Responding)”

Then... Clear Your Temporary Internet Files: History and Cache

Clear your history to rid of all login credentials. Clear the cache to get all sites to loading like new, clear. up-to-date, and default appearance.

Its worth a go.

Jul 13, 2019 12:35 PM in response to tmarxmiller

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, as suggested earlier by tygb, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Jul 14, 2019 5:30 AM in response to Eric Root

I've downloaded the above program and being a 73 YO, Im not up on all the buzz words or how to navigate around and or understand the things that the report says. Do I, or don't I remove this or that. ....It's all concussing me that much more. I thank you all for your help, but I don't see some of the things, or know where to go find those things that your program says to do.....

thanks again for this, and I will try and stumble thru the learning curve of this. IF it works with what I do, I will surely purchase the upgrade version.

safari freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.