You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing issue

Hey guys,

I bought a new iPad Air few days ago and met an annoying thing.

Am I right, that if I have enabled Family Sharing to make stuff shared I need to buy them using my account (as family organizer)?

I tried to download ProCreate, but I found that I need to pay for it, but in February I've bought it on my wife's iPad using her account :(

Maybe I can transfer the app to family somehow or there is no way and I need to buy it again using my account?

iPad Air, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 3:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 3:29 AM

Am I right, that if I have enabled Family Sharing to make stuff shared I need to buy them using my account (as family organizer)?

No, other members of the Share can buy things via their own accounts, but you, as the organiser, will be charged for them.

tried to download ProCreate, but I found that I need to pay for it, but in February I've bought it on my wife's iPad using her account :(

If the app is shareable, and if she has sharing of her purchases enabled on her account (and hasn't hidden it), you should go to the Purchased tab in the App Store app and select her id there and download it, not use the main part of the store : Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2019 3:29 AM in response to kenny_gomel

No, other members of the Share can buy things via their own accounts, but you, as the organiser, will be charged for them.

tried to download ProCreate, but I found that I need to pay for it, but in February I've bought it on my wife's iPad using her account :(

If the app is shareable, and if she has sharing of her purchases enabled on her account (and hasn't hidden it), you should go to the Purchased tab in the App Store app and select her id there and download it, not use the main part of the store : Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.