You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

textedit

I use TextEdit to to format text from webpages. This has worked great for a few weeks until today when I tried to increase the font size from Arial 14 to Arial 18. Now, the data copied is far bto small for me to read.

Is there a way to have the data copied use the fonts defined in the preferences.

I tried to delete TextEdit and restore from a TimeMachine backup (date prior to today) but it sid I cannot delete it.

Ant thoughts or suggestions would be beneficial.

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 3:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 8:50 AM

If you are pasting formatted text with Command-V on to a rich text document, it will be pasted as is - including the font and size.

Alternatives are:

1) What you were already told by Casm101: use "Paste and Match Style"

2) Paste into a plain text document first; this will strip all formatting, so you can then copy and paste from the plain text and it will adhere to whatever font and size is in use

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2019 8:50 AM in response to jacsdad

If you are pasting formatted text with Command-V on to a rich text document, it will be pasted as is - including the font and size.

Alternatives are:

1) What you were already told by Casm101: use "Paste and Match Style"

2) Paste into a plain text document first; this will strip all formatting, so you can then copy and paste from the plain text and it will adhere to whatever font and size is in use

Aug 1, 2019 7:50 PM in response to jacsdad

Hi there jacsdad,

To paste the copied text in your preferred format, simply set your font settings (font, size, colour, underline, etc), and then select "Paste and Match Style" from the "Edit" menu, or use the shortcut: Option + Shift + Command + V.

These following symbols on your keyboard: ⌥⇧⌘V.

Hope this helps. : )

textedit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.