You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email for son

How can I delete an iCloud email account from my apple id? I was just trying to set up an iCloud account for my son and it got linked to my apple id. How can I remove it so that I can use the email for him?

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 9:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 9:34 AM

If you used one of your iCloud accounts, you can't remove/change @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com aliases. I suggest you get another email address to use for his ID. Even if you can remove it from your ID, you won't be able to use the address for 30 or more days because it was associated with your ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2019 9:34 AM in response to m_tay23

If you used one of your iCloud accounts, you can't remove/change @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com aliases. I suggest you get another email address to use for his ID. Even if you can remove it from your ID, you won't be able to use the address for 30 or more days because it was associated with your ID.

email for son

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.