You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant import photos from iphone to mac photos

I am having problems when I am trying to upload photos from my iphone to my mac. I used to be able to plug in my phone to my mac, photos would automatically open and all my photos on my iphone would be on the screen and I could choose to import them or not.

Now photos wont open on its own. When I open it, it recognized that my phone is plugged in as my phones name is in the upper left corner BUT NONE of my photos are there. It is just a blank page.

I have made sure that my phone and my laptop are updated. This problem just randomly started happening so it is very frustrating.

PLEASE HELP

THANK YOU

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 11:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 4:20 AM

I have made sure that my phone and my laptop are updated.

Which system version is installed on your Mac? Which system version is installed on your iPhone?

Is iCloud Photos enabled on your iPhone? Is iCloud Photos enabled on the Mac? Is My Photo Stream enabled?

If you never enabled iCloud Photos, check the settings now. iCloud Photos may have become enabled during a system upgraded, without you noticing it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2019 4:20 AM in response to ashleespurple

I have made sure that my phone and my laptop are updated.

Which system version is installed on your Mac? Which system version is installed on your iPhone?

Is iCloud Photos enabled on your iPhone? Is iCloud Photos enabled on the Mac? Is My Photo Stream enabled?

If you never enabled iCloud Photos, check the settings now. iCloud Photos may have become enabled during a system upgraded, without you noticing it.

I cant import photos from iphone to mac photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.