You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPhone 6 plus, purchased within the last 10 months from Apple through an extended warranty program, compatible with iOS 13 and if not, will it still be functional on the latest iOS 12 and receive security updates?

Question:

Is my iPhone 6 plus, purchased within the last 10 months from Apple through an “extended

replacement program”, compatible with iOS 13, and if not, will it still be functional on the latest iOS 12 and receive security updates?

If not compatible, why is it not compatible, especially since I had to pay $150 per phone = $300 (I have two 6 pluses) under the “extended replacement plan” ?

(My phones developed the “touchscreen” problem & became non functional - I was denied a buy-back option because the phones were not functional even though I wanted to upgrade, so I had little choice at that time but to pay Apple the money to replace the phones under the plan!)

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 1:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 1:31 PM

Your iPhone 6 plus will work just fine after iOS 13 is rolled out. But your phone is too under powered to run iOS 13. You do understand iPhone 6 was released in 2014 and received 5 full years of support. It will be unsupported moving forward. This means it won't get security updates unless there is something critical Apple feels needs to be rolled out to legacy devices.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2019 1:31 PM in response to wak47

Your iPhone 6 plus will work just fine after iOS 13 is rolled out. But your phone is too under powered to run iOS 13. You do understand iPhone 6 was released in 2014 and received 5 full years of support. It will be unsupported moving forward. This means it won't get security updates unless there is something critical Apple feels needs to be rolled out to legacy devices.

Is my iPhone 6 plus, purchased within the last 10 months from Apple through an extended warranty program, compatible with iOS 13 and if not, will it still be functional on the latest iOS 12 and receive security updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.