You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music broke. Playlists/songs won't download after updating to iOS13.

I updated to iOS 13 on my iPhone X and Apple Music broke. I'm unable to download my playlists and songs. I thought it would automatically download my playlists, but it doesn't.

I tried to download a song. When I tap "ADD", it loads, then return to ADD button. Doesn't download. Show Apple Music, Add Playlist Songs and Sync Library are all turned on. I also tried resetting the phone; but no luck.

Sooooooo frustrating because I have a TON of playlists : / Can anyone help?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 10:27 PM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2019 10:05 PM in response to jemmylcm

If Songs wont stay downloaded 

Sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in.

In settings - Music - Turn off Sync Library and then turn it back onand Turn on “Show Apple Music”

Check other settings:

Settings > Music > Optimize Storage and be sure the option to Optimize Storage is disabled - if you don’t want this 

• Also check if you have enough storage space:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 

Oct 11, 2019 8:44 AM in response to Jon_Kandel

To add some context to my case, I was running the iOS13 beta before updating to the GM version of iOS13. After running some tests, I figured the copy may have been corrupt.

First I ran a backup in iTunes. After the backup, I put my iPhone in Recovery Mode and I reinstalled the update/restored my backup using iTunes to factory settings.

Although I tried everything I could to avoid having to dump my data and restore all of it; this method seemed to have resolved this issue.

Apple Music broke. Playlists/songs won't download after updating to iOS13.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.