You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos - imports

when I open photos on my mac, I only see imports. Why did this happen and how can i see all my photos?

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 10:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 11:02 AM

Thanks, I got it figured out with quick key shortcuts : control 1

5 replies

Oct 24, 2019 11:38 PM in response to Karenflower

San Disk

Extreme PRO, SDHC I on

16 GB 45MB/s is OK

Extreme PRO, SDHC I on

32GB 45MB/s is OK

Extreme PRO, SDXC V30

I on 64 GB 95MB/s is OK

Extreme PRO, SDXC V30

I on 128 GB 95MB/s is OK

However, Apple iMac and other Apple devices cannot support the latest and fastest SD cards being used

by high-end digital photographers. Apple PHOTO application is unable to process

these files and your Apple hardware will produce a number of fault and error

conditions (as well as nothing at all – no action) because the Apple computers

are not keeping up with the demands of the DSLR cameras and big files.

Extreme PRO, SDXC V30

I on 128 GB 170MB/s is a FAIL

The only solution is to ‘dummy down’ and use slower SD cards and not Import large numbers of pics

until Apple improves their device and software application capabilities. I suspect

their desire to force everyone onto iCloud is impairing their attention to

photogs who prefer desktop editing and storage.

Nov 23, 2019 7:50 AM in response to Karenflower

I can no longer import photos that I take on my phone to my MacPro. The only ones available are those which I sent or received on my phone. The problem started Aug 2018. Someone said she figured out with quick key shortcut (Control 1) but I don't understand what that fix means. I need to post pictures for my AirBnB so this is very urgent now. Thanks. BTW, my phone is 5S and I my MacPro is 2014. Both are up-to-date but I am still using the macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Photos - imports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.