You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2016 no touch bar bottom is bulging and also around upper of trackpad

Hi,

My macbook is heating up for sometime now and incidentally noticed that my laptop lid does not close tightly with the body anymore, there is a slight gap between the body and the screen. After a few weeks, the gap started to get bigger, it is now at around 5mm gap. So when i try to close the laptop, the screen does not close entirely, it just flaps up around 5 mm above the body...

The bottom starts to bulge also, so the laptop wobbles on top of my flat table. It seems only 2-3 of the pads touches the table and the bulgiing part of the laptop is the one touching the table.

There seems to be a defect in my hardware, hoping for a free replacement of the battery, if it's the one causing this issue :/

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 11:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 3:42 AM

It does sound like the battery. You will have to take your computer to an authorized service place.

Similar questions

2 replies

Macbook Pro 2016 no touch bar bottom is bulging and also around upper of trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.