You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Air OS Reminder alert sounds

I have several Reminders set for daily alert using sound, banner, and button. Notification is on, and all other sounds work just fine. However, I get no sound or banner alert for Reminders. I have shut down, checked that "do not disturb" is not on, but still no sound or banner alerts. Is this a known issue in the new OS, or am I missing something?

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 9:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 11:40 AM

Hello,

If you were to restore your iPad to factory settings and then restore the iPad from a backup then chances are the issue would still occur. At this point I don't see it as necessary to complete a full restore of your iPad. Try resetting iPad's settings (not erase all content and settings) to see if it resolves your problem. If that still does not work then I suggest completing a full restore of your iPad.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2019 11:40 AM in response to Steinway88

Hello,

If you were to restore your iPad to factory settings and then restore the iPad from a backup then chances are the issue would still occur. At this point I don't see it as necessary to complete a full restore of your iPad. Try resetting iPad's settings (not erase all content and settings) to see if it resolves your problem. If that still does not work then I suggest completing a full restore of your iPad.

Oct 10, 2019 6:23 PM in response to Steinway88

This is a known problem. Reset doesn’t work. I am missing medical reminders that I depend on. I have no intention of doing a factory restore. I am really sick of updates that create problems to creAte in order to provide extras nobody wants - not just Apple - see the latest Windows update. I hope Apple issues a patch soon.

IPad Air OS Reminder alert sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.