You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time passcode no longer works

I changed the screen time passcode on my daughters ipad pro and iphone and both new (or old) passcodes no longer work. The only thing I can think of now is to wipe both devices. Is this a bug? Both have latest ios, 13.1.2 - we have family sharing on (but screen time controls from my account have never worked). I’m on ios 13.2 beta. Anyone else having this issue or can suggest a solution?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 10:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 12:09 AM

As an update to this, I managed to reset screen time on the ipad by logging out of iCloud and in again. Seems fine (must have ‘share across devices’ off) now. Almost worked doing the same on iPhone - could change the code (turn off too) but after changing some of the restrictions, I could not save half of them... it reverted to using a passcode that’s not one I have set. Painful.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2019 12:09 AM in response to rick-haslemere

As an update to this, I managed to reset screen time on the ipad by logging out of iCloud and in again. Seems fine (must have ‘share across devices’ off) now. Almost worked doing the same on iPhone - could change the code (turn off too) but after changing some of the restrictions, I could not save half of them... it reverted to using a passcode that’s not one I have set. Painful.

Screen Time passcode no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.