You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Presentation in PHOTOS not working

Hi! Since I have updated to Catalina, I have a problem when I put a video to make presentation. the video is skipped and only pictures are shown in the presentation.

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 3:57 AM

5 replies

Oct 12, 2019 4:22 AM in response to fil78

Are you asking about a Photos Slideshow?

Are the videos in your Photos Library compatible with Catalina? Catalina is no longer supporting all video formats. You may need to convert the videos that are no longer playing to a different format. Here is a list of media formats, written for iMovie. It will give you an idea which video formats you can use on Catalina : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209029

Oct 12, 2019 4:29 PM in response to fil78

Most of the other themes need a long time for the transitions and cannot play short video clips.

Have you tried to set the duration of the slideshow to a longer time? The default value is set to a very short time.

I am always using the Classic theme , because it is the only one, where the photos and videos will not be cropped in a silly way and we can control the timing of the individual items.

Presentation in PHOTOS not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.