You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina on MacBook and Turn iPad into a second display

One of the new Catalina features is it allows a user to extend the workspace across two screens so you can do more at once. You click the Mac menu bar and select iPad. The item to click is a rectangle with a triangle at the bottom. That is not on my menu bar. Don't see where to add it, or is this an advertised but missing feature? All other menu bar items appear to be OK. Am I missing something?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 11:38 AM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2019 12:06 PM in response to Dan Dee

Dan Dee wrote:

Leroy, thank you for your response. The key statement I read is, "available only on computers that support Sidecar." Guess my MacBook Pro (Late 2013 per "About this Mac) does not support this feature. Next MacBook. It's a good feature. Again, thank you.

Sidecar

Supported by the following Mac models:

• MacBook (2016 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (2018 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (2016 or newer)
  • Mac mini (2018 or newer)
  • iMac (late 2015 or newer)
  • iMac Pro (2017 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (2019)

ref: https://support.apple.com/kb/sp803?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Oct 12, 2019 11:45 AM in response to Dan Dee

Dan Dee wrote:

One of the new Catalina features is it allows a user to extend the workspace across two screens so you can do more at once. You click the Mac menu bar and select iPad. The item to click is a rectangle with a triangle at the bottom. That is not on my menu bar. Don't see where to add it, or is this an advertised but missing feature? All other menu bar items appear to be OK. Am I missing something?

https://www.apple.com/macos/catalina/docs/Sidecar_Tech_Brief_Oct_2019.pdf

also ref:

Catalina on MacBook and Turn iPad into a second display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.