You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Stopping

I have a bluetooth headphone and since the Mac OS Catalina update my audio stops playing randomly after a while. If I go to "Preferences>Sound" the "Bluetooth" output option is still there, but won't work. I have to turn off the bluetooth connection and connect again to reestablish the audio.

Anybody have a solution for this?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 3:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 1:50 PM

Late update: I have possibly found a solution for this issue.

I deleted the “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist" file at "/Library/Preferences" folder.

Then turned off the computer and applied and PRAM reset (Command, Option, P, and R after pressing the power button).

I have been using my bluetooth earphone without problems since.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2019 1:50 PM in response to nnsdgo

Late update: I have possibly found a solution for this issue.

I deleted the “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist" file at "/Library/Preferences" folder.

Then turned off the computer and applied and PRAM reset (Command, Option, P, and R after pressing the power button).

I have been using my bluetooth earphone without problems since.

Audio Stopping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.