You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open itunes

I have an iMac desktop (late2009) for some reason iTunes will no longer open. when ever I try to open the log into apple ID screen pops up. I enter my user name and password (which works on my ipad and the website) but when I hit sing in the feild just goes blank and wont let me log in. iTunes wont open unless I log in. I thought I might need an update but I am running on Yosimity and it says I need the new OS Catalina but apparently my computer is too old. It works just fine except Itunes and I am not buying a new comuter just for itunes. any recommendations on what I can do?

Thanks

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 1:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 4:23 PM

Check for malware with a free trial of https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support. While you might not be able to install Catalina there might be a newer version of OS X you can run.

tt2

1 reply

Can't open itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.