You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to the App Store on my Mac running Mojave. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Cannot connect to the App Store with my Mac running Mojave. Anyone have a solution?

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 12:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 1:04 PM

I'm having the problem, as well, on two different systems and a (local) friend of mine is too. It seems to be a regional outage, since I'm in the Eastern USA and my co-workers in Seattle, WA with Mojave are not experiencing the issue. The Console logs make it look like a "certificate pinning" error, so I'm guessing that there's a propagation issue with a new or expired certificate. I have a local friend with Catalina who is not experiencing the issue.

I called Apple and they basically refused to help me, despite AppleCare+ and a very expensive computer used in a production environment (where updates need to be carefully considered), unless I update to Catalina. That appears to fix the problem, if you want to go that route.

If anyone at Apple is listening, here's what I see in the Console from the App Store app (AppleMediaServices framework):

AMSURLSecurityPolicy: [9E11A8C3] Trust failed extended validation (EV)

This later causes:

Task <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1> load failed with error Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-999 "cancelled" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=<private>, NSErrorFailingURLKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, NSLocalizedDescription=cancelled} [-999]

Followed by:

AMSURLSession: [9E11A8C3] Task completed with error = Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-999 "cancelled" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://bag.itunes.apple.com/bag.xml?os=OS%20X&osVersion=10.14.6&deviceClass=Macintosh&product=MacAppStore&productVersion=3.0&profile=MacAppStore&profileVersion=1&storefront=143441-1,13&format=json, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://bag.itunes.apple.com/bag.xml?os=OS%20X&osVersion=10.14.6&deviceClass=Macintosh&product=MacAppStore&productVersion=3.0&profile=MacAppStore&profileVersion=1&storefront=143441-1,13&format=json, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=(

"LocalDataTask <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1>"

), _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1>, NSLocalizedDescription=cancelled}

My read on this, as an iOS developer, is that there's a certificate that didn't match what you expected, so you failed the authentication challenge and cancelled (-999) the connection. That mimics what I do in an app in which I use certificate pinning.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2019 1:04 PM in response to gus298

I'm having the problem, as well, on two different systems and a (local) friend of mine is too. It seems to be a regional outage, since I'm in the Eastern USA and my co-workers in Seattle, WA with Mojave are not experiencing the issue. The Console logs make it look like a "certificate pinning" error, so I'm guessing that there's a propagation issue with a new or expired certificate. I have a local friend with Catalina who is not experiencing the issue.

I called Apple and they basically refused to help me, despite AppleCare+ and a very expensive computer used in a production environment (where updates need to be carefully considered), unless I update to Catalina. That appears to fix the problem, if you want to go that route.

If anyone at Apple is listening, here's what I see in the Console from the App Store app (AppleMediaServices framework):

AMSURLSecurityPolicy: [9E11A8C3] Trust failed extended validation (EV)

This later causes:

Task <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1> load failed with error Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-999 "cancelled" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=<private>, NSErrorFailingURLKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, NSLocalizedDescription=cancelled} [-999]

Followed by:

AMSURLSession: [9E11A8C3] Task completed with error = Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-999 "cancelled" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://bag.itunes.apple.com/bag.xml?os=OS%20X&osVersion=10.14.6&deviceClass=Macintosh&product=MacAppStore&productVersion=3.0&profile=MacAppStore&profileVersion=1&storefront=143441-1,13&format=json, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://bag.itunes.apple.com/bag.xml?os=OS%20X&osVersion=10.14.6&deviceClass=Macintosh&product=MacAppStore&productVersion=3.0&profile=MacAppStore&profileVersion=1&storefront=143441-1,13&format=json, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=(

"LocalDataTask <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1>"

), _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1>, NSLocalizedDescription=cancelled}

My read on this, as an iOS developer, is that there's a certificate that didn't match what you expected, so you failed the authentication challenge and cancelled (-999) the connection. That mimics what I do in an app in which I use certificate pinning.

Cannot connect to the App Store on my Mac running Mojave. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.