You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will upgrading cause a problem with...

I have an iPhone 6 that can't get any more iOS updates due to its age/model. I have an iPad 5th gen that can. I also have a MacBook Pro mid 2012 that can update to Catalina. Because two of my devices can update and my phone can't, would there be issues with updating those that can from a syncing across platforms perspective or anything else? Should I anticipate any other problems with this? Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 7:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 8:10 PM

One consideration is Catalina's Reminders app is not compatible with its iOS 12 counterpart, meaning any Reminders created on your iPhone 6 will not sync with any iOS 13 devices or Catalina.

That's all I can think of for now.

If in doubt consider Upgrading macOS without fear - Apple Community. That's what I do.

1 reply

Will upgrading cause a problem with...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.