You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing email

Is there a way to sync mailboxes between my iPhone XR, my iPad Pro (12.9", 2nd generation) and my iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)? I have added a few folders on my iMac to help keep things organized - "Packages", "Receipts", "Travel", etc. These do not show up on my iPad or iPhone, but it would be really useful if they did. All three are running up-to-date operating systems. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 5:26 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Nov 23, 2019 5:49 AM in response to Fizberry

Modern mail services are IMAP (or similar effect). This means that any device can log in with the same credentials and manage the email account independently of each other. Each logged in device sees the effect of the operation.

It looks like synchronisation but is not. No data passes between the devices. The email account is maintained om the central server

The short answer is to add the email account(s) you wish to have on the devices and they will be presented to each device correctly

Note: Older email services such as POP3 will not work like this

Nov 23, 2019 11:10 AM in response to Lurkums

Sorry, I think I'm actually referring to mail folders. The icons that look like little folders. They are under "On My Mac". When I put an email into a folder I created for "Packages", as an example, it does not show up in my "Packages" folder on either my iPhone or iPad.

My email shows up on all my devices in my "Inbox", but when I move an email to a folder, it does not show up on my other devices.

I use Apple's Mail.

Syncing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.