You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Sync from Device to MacBook, but Not from MacBook to Devise

Ever since I updated to Catalina, email on ipad and iphone no longer sync with actions on my Macbook (exchange, icloud and google); ie if I delete an email on my MacBook, it will not delete on my devices. However, it does sync from device to Macbook, ie if I delete an email on my iphone, it WILL delete on my MacBook.

I have mystified Apple support and also deleted Container and Agent folders in the library, based on an earlier string here.

Help?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 9:05 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 13, 2020 6:55 AM in response to Uraway

I'm ready to delete the account as I've had the same problem. The issue now is this: I have 3 Macs (work, home, road warrior), an iPhone, and an iPad. My issue has been exactly the same: a change that I make to email on one Mac does NOT sync to the other devices, but a change I make to email on either iOS device DOES sync to all other devices.

But when I go to delete the Exchange account, I'm offered two choices --

1) delete ALL exchange accounts on all the devices

2) REMOVE the account just on the Mac I'm working on at the moment (e.g. the Road Warrior)

Doing #2 does not fix the problem. I'm a bit hesitant to do #1 as it might kill everything. And there seems to be no way to kill (not just remove) the account on only one Mac.

Am. I missing something?

Feb 13, 2020 7:04 AM in response to stevewhitemd

I fixed my issue. Cant swear to it, but I am pretty sure I had to delete my exchange account from my laptop and then re install activate.

It took a while, I had 5,000 emails come back from the grave, but I eventually worked it all out.

I had a similar issue with having two apple IDs, even though I had Family Sharing I still wasnt getting everything to all devices.

I dont care what anyone says, Catalina is flawed.

Mail Sync from Device to MacBook, but Not from MacBook to Devise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.