You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receipt for Repair by Apple

How do I get a receipt for repair done by Apple that includes taxes?

I need something official to file a claim (my credit card doubles warranty).

Apple sent me a Genius Bar Work Confirmation but it says taxes will be calculated at the time of payment. I paid with a credit card but did not get any email for the payment itself.

I cannot find any online interfaces to download a receipt.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 8:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 9:11 AM

The support site only shows repair status (completed etc.) but does not have any way to get to a receipt.

4 replies

Nov 27, 2019 9:36 AM in response to whasan

I followed instructions that say call customer support. All they do is fill out a request on your behalf and then ask you to call the store. I will try that once the store opens.

Apple emails a receipt for repairs but it does not include tax (says taxes will be computed at time of payment).

Is there some way to get a receipt including taxes?

Nov 27, 2019 9:17 AM in response to whasan

whasan wrote:

The support site only shows repair status (completed etc.) but does not have any way to get to a receipt.

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

Primary support help at Contact Support.

You can use the the Chat option. That chat person will be able to get a support adviser to call.

Nov 27, 2019 8:39 AM in response to whasan

whasan wrote:

How do I get a receipt for repair done by Apple that includes taxes?
I need something official to file a claim (my credit card doubles warranty).

Apple sent me a Genius Bar Work Confirmation but it says taxes will be calculated at the time of payment. I paid with a credit card but did not get any email for the payment itself.
I cannot find any online interfaces to download a receipt.

Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

https://mysupport.apple.com

Receipt for Repair by Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.