You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password not working on MacBook

Yesterday I was using my MacBook fine, but today it won’t accept my password to log in. It’s the password that I need to enter to access the computer itself. I’ve tried going through the Apple ID reset options but it doesn’t accept my Apple ID password either. And when I try and reboot in the recovery mode, I can’t find the ‘terminal’ option. It asked to connect to the internet, then I have to click on the hard drive, then it just takes me back to the login page.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 1:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 5:35 AM

No, nothing so straight forward. However, I have now managed to resolve the issue. I changed the password to something really simple (no special characters), and this seemed to work. I think the special characters stopped it working following an update.

2 replies

Password not working on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.