You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock Screen Sound Not Working

When locking the phone with the power button the lock screen sound is hit or miss. Sometimes it plays perfectly fine, sometimes it's distorted, and sometimes it doesn't play at all.

This morning the phone's lock screen sound was distorted so I restarted the phone. The sound played fine the first few times, and now it's not playing at all.

The ringer is on, the volume is all the way up, and the lock screen and typing sounds are all turned on so I have no idea why it's doing this.

Using iOs 13.2.3

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 8:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 7:05 PM

Hey there Summerbear6,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand the Lock Screen sound on your iPhone is not working as expected. I’ll be happy to help.

You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and turn off Lock Sound there. Restart and turn it back on:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue returns, back up your iPhone and restore it to factory settings:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

See if the issue occurs in this state. If the sound works as expected in the factory state, restore your backup and test once more:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Let me know if this helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2019 7:05 PM in response to Summerbear6

Hey there Summerbear6,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand the Lock Screen sound on your iPhone is not working as expected. I’ll be happy to help.

You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and turn off Lock Sound there. Restart and turn it back on:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue returns, back up your iPhone and restore it to factory settings:

See if the issue occurs in this state. If the sound works as expected in the factory state, restore your backup and test once more:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Let me know if this helps.

Dec 5, 2019 9:42 AM in response to Summerbear6

Hi Summerbear6,

Resetting all settings may not fully isolate the issue and this shouldn't be affected by Low Power Mode. I would say restore using the links provided above. Here they are again for your convenience:

If the issue does occur in factory settings, reach out to Apple Support at the following link so they can continue to look into this with you:

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers 

Lock Screen Sound Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.