You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t connect to app store

Since updating to the latest iOS I can’t download anything on the App Store. Can’t update, can’t install. I have credit/ data etc. I also go into settings and when I click anything App Store related it also freezes. Arrrrggghh Tried signing out of my account and same problem.

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 2:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 12:38 AM

Have tried downloading via wifi and it’s not on a VPN or captive/ secure networ either.

have tried steps in link. Something has happened since the update because prior to that it was fine. Have gone through the steps via the link to no avail.

The apps don’t even have the usual downloading clock when you install/ update apps- cant pause or resume/ anything see pics for what it does when it freezes.

Can’t touch anything App Store related in settings without the phone freezing. See picture (just stays grey until I can eventually click out of it)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2019 12:38 AM in response to sterling r

Have tried downloading via wifi and it’s not on a VPN or captive/ secure networ either.

have tried steps in link. Something has happened since the update because prior to that it was fine. Have gone through the steps via the link to no avail.

The apps don’t even have the usual downloading clock when you install/ update apps- cant pause or resume/ anything see pics for what it does when it freezes.

Can’t touch anything App Store related in settings without the phone freezing. See picture (just stays grey until I can eventually click out of it)

Dec 13, 2019 7:38 PM in response to Toughski

Hey there Toughski,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues downloading apps from the App Store. I’ll be happy to help. 

Try downloading an app over a Wi-Fi network and see if this helps. Make sure it’s not on a VPN or captive network as this may cause issues as well. 

If that doesn’t help, go through the steps in this link:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Let me know if this helps.

Can’t connect to app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.