You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer home videos from iPad to PC

Hi all,

Have an iPad Air running iOS 8.4.1. It is my niece's iPad. I've been wanting to update it to the latest iOS for a while but there isn't enough space.

To free up space I want to delete some movies I transferred to the iPad a while back. But before I delete them, I want to save them back to the PC if that is possible.

The way I got the movies to the iPad in the first place, was converting some videos I had to MP4 format and then via iTunes synced them to the iPad. On the iPad, they ended up inside the videos app and are referred to as "Home Videos".

I have tried using both iTunes and several 3rd party programs to get these movies back to my PC but nothing works. The 3rd party programs like iExplorer do not even see the videos. iTunes sees them on the iPad but no way to sync them to PC.

There isn't even a file sharing option in iTunes which I thought might have been a work around to the issue.

I realise iTunes syncs from PC to iPad more so than the other way around but I still find it pretty strange that I have done a full backup of the iPad to to computer in iTunes and not even the backup contains the movies. IExplorer can also examine iOS backups but the movies were not found.

I am currently running iTunes 12.6.5.3. I believe this is the last version that still includes apps and is compatible with the app store.

Is there anything I can do?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 7:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 7:39 AM

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. I just wanted to be sure. There is no way to copy information from the Videos application.

Similar questions

4 replies

Transfer home videos from iPad to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.