You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders app not working with Siri?

Has anyone else had trouble making reminders with Siri after updating to iOS 13.3?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 10:02 AM

Hi there Tweebooz,

We appreciate the follow-up question. If you're syncing to iCloud, it's perfectly safe to reinstall Reminders as suggested in the post above. Your synced data from iCloud should return after you reinstall the app and make sure that Reminders is turned on under Settings > [name] > iCloud. Feel free to reply back with the results.

Just to cover another possibility, if you mean you're backing up to iCloud rather than syncing, you'd need to restore your device from the backup after reinstalling the app and testing it out. If the issue is resolved by reinstalling the app and your data is in a backup, you'd use these steps to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

Have a good one.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2019 10:02 AM in response to Tweebooz

Hi there Tweebooz,

We appreciate the follow-up question. If you're syncing to iCloud, it's perfectly safe to reinstall Reminders as suggested in the post above. Your synced data from iCloud should return after you reinstall the app and make sure that Reminders is turned on under Settings > [name] > iCloud. Feel free to reply back with the results.

Just to cover another possibility, if you mean you're backing up to iCloud rather than syncing, you'd need to restore your device from the backup after reinstalling the app and testing it out. If the issue is resolved by reinstalling the app and your data is in a backup, you'd use these steps to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

Have a good one.

Dec 25, 2019 3:40 PM in response to Tweebooz

Hi Tweebooz,

Thanks for posting your question. It sounds like you're running into some issues with Siri and the Reminders app.

What's happening when you make a reminder using Siri? Be sure to include any errors you receive.

To narrow things down, you might try setting a reminder without Siri. How does that work? Set reminders on iPhone

Also, how does Siri work for other functions? This has some great suggestions that may be worth checking out, depending on exactly what's happening: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working

Cheers.

Dec 26, 2019 6:39 AM in response to Tweebooz

Hello Tweebooz,

Thanks for replying. Since you're seeing some unexpectedly slow behavior when using the Reminders app without Siri, it may help to delete and reinstall Reminders: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

If you do not use iCloud for your Reminders, be sure to back up your device beforehand: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope that helps. Take care.

Dec 25, 2019 5:46 PM in response to raina_b22

When I try to use Siri to create a reminder, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Usually it says “working on that” and takes about five seconds. Or it might say “sorry there was a problem with the app“ and gives me the option to open Reminders.

After asking Siri to create a reminder, it either opens the app and shows the reminder or says “sorry I’ve encountered a problem” or something to that effect. My Siri is Irish, that shouldn’t have any effect on how she functions, right?

When I go into the app and create a reminder not using Siri, it takes about 5 seconds to open a new reminder, 5 more seconds to create a day and 5 more seconds to create a time. This seems like an eternity.

Aside from Reminders, Siri is working just fine.

Thank you!

Reminders app not working with Siri?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.