You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need to delete my content from my new ipad so that i can return it to the store as it is damaged

im trying to delete my info on my new ipad so that it can be wiped clean so that i can return it to store

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 9:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 9:43 AM

Go to Settings > General > Reset (second from the bottom) > Erase all Content and Settings.

This will do a factory reset that returns the iPad to how it was when it was brand new.

Send any data you need to an iCloud account that you know your credentials to or email (may take many hours) yourself; files, photos etc.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2019 9:43 AM in response to bobi12

Go to Settings > General > Reset (second from the bottom) > Erase all Content and Settings.

This will do a factory reset that returns the iPad to how it was when it was brand new.

Send any data you need to an iCloud account that you know your credentials to or email (may take many hours) yourself; files, photos etc.

i need to delete my content from my new ipad so that i can return it to the store as it is damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.