You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet not working after upgrade to Catalina

Hello

A friend upgraded her Macbook Pro to Catalina 2 days back and since then internet is not working at all. Everything was OK till the moment the upgrade was initiated. Any pointers on where to troubleshoot / fix would be really helpful.

Thanks

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 6:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 1:31 AM

Please double check that you are wirelessly connected to the router you expect. I know that sounds obvious, but humour me.

If you are, then a useful set of steps is to check the situation after each of these. If the issue is resolved stop at that point:

• Turn WiFi off and then on
  • Reboot normally
  • Reboot into Safe Mode (don't forget to return to normal after your check)
  • Reboot your router

Please come back and report results

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2019 1:31 AM in response to TechnoSpiritualist

Please double check that you are wirelessly connected to the router you expect. I know that sounds obvious, but humour me.

If you are, then a useful set of steps is to check the situation after each of these. If the issue is resolved stop at that point:

• Turn WiFi off and then on
  • Reboot normally
  • Reboot into Safe Mode (don't forget to return to normal after your check)
  • Reboot your router

Please come back and report results

Internet not working after upgrade to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.