You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost my work in pages

Accidentally, I have deleted my an essay while I am writing. is there any chance to bring my work back

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 4:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 5:37 PM

You can from a Time Machine Restore. If you had saved the essay document before or during the addition of content, it would have been backed up by Time Machine.

If you moved the saved document to the Trash and did not empty the Trash, then you may find it there, and can select the document, and from the secondary menu, choose put back.

If the document was saved on iCloud Drive, there is a setting in iCloud.com that allows you to recover deleted documents there on a 30 day sliding window.

If you shared that document with anyone, ask for their copy back, so all is not lost.

If you just started writing, without saving the document, and quit Pages, or the Mac crashed, then the content is lost forever.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2020 5:37 PM in response to shamshod09

You can from a Time Machine Restore. If you had saved the essay document before or during the addition of content, it would have been backed up by Time Machine.

If you moved the saved document to the Trash and did not empty the Trash, then you may find it there, and can select the document, and from the secondary menu, choose put back.

If the document was saved on iCloud Drive, there is a setting in iCloud.com that allows you to recover deleted documents there on a 30 day sliding window.

If you shared that document with anyone, ask for their copy back, so all is not lost.

If you just started writing, without saving the document, and quit Pages, or the Mac crashed, then the content is lost forever.

lost my work in pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.