You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro Export - Blobby Glitch

I just got Final Cut Pro. I am trying to export, but I am seeing glitchy blobs randomly scattered throughout the exported video. These blobs do not exist in the original files or in the timeline. I tried multiple codecs of exporting to see if that was the problem. It wasn’t. I even payed for the Compressor program because someone said that would help to export through that, but I don’t understand HOW to export through compressor. I managed to process a video through Compressor, but that’s as far as I can get. I tried shutting down the computer and closing out all other programs, but that didn’t work. Why are these video glitches being exported, and how to do I export glitch-free? None of the other forums on here helped me. It doesn’t make sense, and it’s quite frustrating. Thanks.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 9:04 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Jan 10, 2020 11:50 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

-First picture is system specs.

-Second picture is project properties.

-Third and fourth picture is media specs for the imported files. There is only one clip within the timeline that comes from the Google Drive source, although all file types are technically iPhone footage. I actually just tried exporting without the existence of the Google Drive file type within the timeline, and it removed the glitches from where they were before but moved glitches to other parts of the video. Very strange.

-Fifth picture is an example of the glitchy blobs.

-Sixth picture is the specs for the exported Apple ProRes 422 file.

Jan 10, 2020 12:33 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hey, the optimization worked! Thanks so much.

But now I am noticing that in the playback of the exported video, the frame rate is a bit more jittery than the smoothness of the original files. This isn’t just happening in the new export. I looked back at the older messed up exports, and it is like that for them, as well.

Is there a workaround for making the export look just as smooth in frame rate as the original source? It doesn’t look completely terrible, but it is a bit distracting. Again, thanks so much.

Jan 10, 2020 1:09 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Just realized that the frame rate of the original video files is 30fps, while the project settings are at 23.98. I don’t seem to be able to change the frame rate of the project when I go to modify, and the only other option I could find on the Internet is to do rate conform with the frame rate of individual clips, but I don’t know which rate conform option is best. I’d really prefer to change the project settings as a whole rather than alter individual clips. I appreciate any help/advice you can give. Thanks!

Final Cut Pro Export - Blobby Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.