You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot export Pages doc to pdf

I am so frustrated! I am using Pages 8.0 and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. The Problem: I created a document in Pages and then went to export it to a PDF so it could be loaded onto our website. I keep getting the message that it cannot be autosaved. Anyone know how to fix this? I desperately need to get this into a pdf format for our website. Thanks!

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 6:49 PM

7 replies

Jan 10, 2020 7:09 PM in response to MrHoffman

when I try to save the document, I kept getting the message "The document could not be autosaved" I got around this by renaming the document and saving it to a different folder; but when I tried to export the document to a pdf file, I got the same message "the document could not be autosaved" -- and thus, no pdf was created - or could be created.

Jan 10, 2020 8:00 PM in response to MrHoffman

No, that's not what I am doing. I renamed the document so it would save; then I tried to export the document and received the message - and it would not save it as a pdf. I have done this numerous times over the past year. I create the document; save the document in pages (giving it a name or, if I have taken an older document and made changes, so it is a new document, then I save it with a new name); then I click on File; click on Export; and click on pdf - then I get the message it cannot autosave the document and it is not saved as a pdf. I sill have it as a Pages document, but not as a pdf document.

cannot export Pages doc to pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.