You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to log into Apple account because I can't access the two - factor authentication

Hi,

I have completely smashed the screen of my old iphone and I now have a new phone because the old phone is blacked out. I am unable to get into my apple account because it keeps asking me for a two factor authentication on the new iphone, it keeps telling me it's sending the code to my " trusted device " but I can't access the old phone because it's broken. I have tried following the steps to access recovery key but that option doesn't come up for me when I look for it.

Is there another way? I just want to be able to download apps and restore the phone will my old info.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 6:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 9:19 AM

See the "What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?" and " If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?" sections of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to log into Apple account because I can't access the two - factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.